Thursday, September 13, 2007

Than You -Simple, Elegant, Quick


I needed a really quick and easy thank you card, but I did not want to sacrifice any elegance. My mind was set to whirling and I settled on a punch from Impress, used a vellum tag and then the small two hole punch from SU!. The rest was simple. Place a snippet of ribbon on the two holes and trim, attach the punched tag on a square of black card stock and then add a layer of brushed silver cardstock, available from Flourishes. That little extra touch of silver is part of the design function...repetition of the tag. Our eye sees odd numbers better in design. I accomplished this with three elements, the tag, the black, and the silver. The sentiment is a script I took from an old SU! retired set.

Now, that's quick, easy, and elegant.

Now back to work on my Christmas tree card...this is one you won't want to miss. So I am going back to work in the Atelier and getting it to post. Ciao

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your card is quite elegant! Some times the cards that are made to be simple yet elegant are the most stunning! I really like this card very much. TFS.

Mary