Thursday, September 13, 2007

OH Lookie At My Christmas Tree!


Oh my, have I had some fun! This was as much fun as doing the real thing...and I love that so much!

Creating stamps for this kind of fun has been almost uncharted territory. I wanted to give our stampers the greatest flexibility and not feel so tied to only the look of the stamp...I wanted to allow you to have as much or as little as your heart desires. This set certainly delivers that and more.

For the focus image I inked the stamp with Hybrid Palette Burnt Umber ink. Then the fun began and did not end until I had added each and every detail to the tree. A note, I did not ink the base of the tree (pot) and simply ink and stamp that sassy tree skirt. This was colored with my Copic Lipstick Red (R29). The skirt reminds me of a 50's poodle skirt...another time maybe. Then I began to color using a mixture of reinker and watercolor crayons, blending until I was happy with the shades of green and the aura around it. I colored in the trunk with Close to Cocoa. The ornaments were all placed on a single block and inked up with Hybrid Palette Noir inks ( these are all available at Flourishes.org). I repeated this process and used again a myriad of colors and inks including the new Copic iridescent pens. The little icicles that don't show up here very well were Versamarked and embossed with iridescent EP. My next step was to add a garland of pearls...stamped in Black ink and then each dot was highlighted with Pearl Scribbles. After the pearls dried I began to add ornaments, I cut each ornament out and used a piece of the large glue dot for another dimension and added them to the tree. The angel was the perfect little topper for this tree. She is sweet and I love the tree. I hope you do as well.

Now for more ideas.....they are just ready to be put on paper. Let me see how creative you can be with your trees. Remember we have a customer gallery over at the Flourishes website....Your creations are most welcome!

Ciao from the Atelier....

No comments: