Monday, September 17, 2007

Simply Peace



Hello from the Atelier,

This was easy work for such a beautiful card. I was inspired by Sharon Johnson, notimetostamp, one of our Design Team Members. I used a decorative paper called Holiday Swirl. The color matches SU Rose Red perfectly. The card base is a metallic paper called Carmel and is available at Flourishes,llc. The strips of paper were cut to highlight the swirls. The ribbon is from SU's Sherbet collection and I think it gives a nice monotone accent. The focal point is cut and embossed with the Nestabilites, the larger from Rose Red and smaller from metallic Carmel. Unfortunately the photo just doesn't capture the shimmer of the paper. The stamp from Flourishes,llc Christmas release is the smaller of the Peace images in the set.

This set makes such beautiful cards and is ideal for someone that is seeking elegance and simplicity in an easy to do format.

Two of my sisters are visiting in town so I'm off to spend the day with them. But I do have another card ready to post...so please come back to visit.

Ciao

1 comment:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Stunning!!! I love it!
:-)