Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fantasy Floral Garden--More Beautiful Images


Last Friday NancyK and I had a chance to really play with our Fantasy Floral Garden set by Flourishes,llc. Nancy brought over her Zia mist inks which I had not played with before. These were great fun to play and create with...we both accomplished totally different results. We worked on watercolor paper. These misters have an intense coloring to them. This is certainly something I will be adding to my stash. For my card I misted the colors, blotted off and dried with the embossing gun before starting with another color. I found that it was best to start with the lightest colors and progress into darker colors..this I have found to be the most standard way of working with colors. I have found that it is best to work with the same shade of color before moving to different colors...say all yellows, before switching to blues, etc.

I used three colors in my card, then began to cut the paper and stamp the images. I find that the Hybrid Palette Inks work especially well with our Flourishes stamps sets. These very high grade polymer stamps are made in the USA and while they have a tendency to stain and will never be completely without color after use, they stamp beautifully.

I really like the Fantasy Floral Garden set...the images and the words are so fresh and different, yet retain a very today look. I used the small images from the set, added some small bling that I have had forever. The sentiment is also from the set, using two different sentiments, placing both images on the same block and stamping all at once. Have I said that I love this ability with the use of clear stamps!

My card is made of SU Basic Black, layered with Cool Caribbean and Regal Rose.....such a bright yet soft look when all assembled. The finished card is 4 1/4" x 9 1/4" fitting nicely into a legal size envelope. Oh, how I love this set !

Ciao from the Atelier at Flourishes!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Your card is very pretty. Thank you for telling us about the Zia inks. I have never heard of them until now. I will be hunting them down.

Mary

Anonymous said...

How pretty!! You cards are beautiful as are your stamps!!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Verrrrry pretty card!
Great blog!
Love the floral set!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh my word Jan Marie this is so pretty I love how SOFT and BEAUTIFUL it is!!`