Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fantasy Floral Gets Water Colored!


Today is a banner ad day for Flourishes at SCS. So I hope you pop over there and see our ad. My choice to work, if you can call it that, was to Fantasy Floral again. I wanted a different look and had placed a few challenges for myself. I wanted white on vellum and to water color the main image. I wanted a sophisticated yet lively look. So here it is:

This card is large, finished card front is 5" X 7". I used three of the smaller images from the Fantasy Floral, one of the Flourishes, llc new releases, and arranged them all on my clear block at the same time. I inked in Brilliance White and then stamped the image repeated on the vellum and allowed to dry. Meanwhile, I stamped the main image on water color paper and set out to color in using Rose Red, Lovely Lilac, Garden Green, and Bashful Blue. I cut a layer just slightly larger than the water colored image and assembled them. Then I cut two larger pieces of water color paper and placed them on the inside of the card. One attaches to the back of the image to cover the mechanics and the second is for the sentiment on the inside card back. To add some softness I used one of Flourishes, May Art ribbons from Flourishes and a piece of hardware to attach it all. The sentiment is stamped in Burnt Umber palette Hybrid ink and is from the Flourished words set also by Flourishes, llc.

Later I will be posting a fun and easy Thank you note...so do come back to the Atelier.

Ciao for now.

4 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Wow... look at all the details!

Aimee said...

Just breath taking... I love the whole card.

Sewflake said...

Your work is breath taking....love the bright vivid colors..

Mary said...

I would say that you definitely achieved the look you were going for. It is lovely. :)

Mary