Monday, September 10, 2007

Fantasy Florals Sympathy


For today's image I used the newly released Fantasy Floral Garden by Flourishes, llc. I also wanted to do the SCS challenge on limited supplies-Sympathy. This required the card to be a sympathy card and must include the use of a background stamp. The challenge further pushed the stampers as no decorative papers could be used nor could an embossed image us a stencil or folder. So here's my card, I meet all the requirements.

The main image is from the new Fantasy Floral Garden from Flourishes,llc, and the words are Flourishes Words also from Flourishes,llc.

I created the main focus using a misting technique which I had not done in some time. The technique is easy, but the results are not always predictable. It can be an extremely satisfying (or frustrating) process...but I love it. Varying solid stamps are best for this technique. Here I used the retired SU, The Shape of Things. I generally use 3 colors of ink, which are applied directly to the rubber, apply lightest to darkest. In this case, I broke my own rule and applied the Purely Pomegranate, then inked off several times, then applied Sky Blue and Almost Amethest. I try to focus the ink on the area I would like it to be on and to not muddy the colors too much. I then mist the rubber image, which I hold about half an arm length away. I have a favorite old hairspray bottle that I keep loaded for this purpose. The image is now placed inked side down on the paper and I allow the paper to absorb the ink by letting the image set for a few moments. Then carefully raise the image and behold your beauty. I repeated this process, varying the colors to include some green.

While that was drying I made my required background using the SU retired Paisley background stamp inked with Versamark and then applied a mixture of lavender and micropearl Pearl Ex to get a softer color. Cut the strips for the corners. Now that my focus image was dry I completed it by stamping the Fantasy Floral image in SU Going Gray. I added a small ribbon in Amethyst from the SU Sherbet Collection. Two layers were added to the back of the main image, both from SU, Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery. Attach the strips of background to the opposing corners and then anchor it all down with my trusty ATG.

Flourishes,llc will host the banner ads on SCS on Wed and I hope you will visit SCS and click onto our site. Our design team will have lots to post as well.

So from the Atelier, Ciao for today.

1 comment:

NancyK said...

Love the watercolor effect - so very pretty!