Sunday, September 9, 2007

Peace on Vellum


This card is CASED from one of my favorites of last season on the SCS gallery. It was created in its original design by StamperSharon and featured the same papers and ribbon type I have used. She used SU's Flourishes and I was taken by its beauty.

I thought this card required some constraint to allow the beauty of the Dove-Peace to be the central focus, so I streamlined my version.

All in all, I am very well pleased with the card, although the next time I make this card I would probably heat emboss the sentiment.."Let There Be" in gold EP for definition. I also masked off the end of the sentiment so not to clutter the card. I think there is always room for improvement on my cards.

So here is my list of items I used:
Peace stamp set-Flourishes,llc
Brushed Gold metallic paper from Flourishes,llc
Vellum Card stock
White wired ribbon...I removed the wire
Beige with white dot sheer ribbon
Corner punch from SU
Brilliance White ink pad
Gold Encore Ink

So from the atelier, I say
Ciao
Jan Marie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I always love white on white and I love your ribbon and, of course, that beautiful Peace/dove image!!! Wonderful work!!!

NancyK said...

So very delicate looking!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

My favorite.
:-)