Friday, September 7, 2007

Fantasy Florals and SCS Color Challenge


I finally had a chance to really play and late last night got a few nice things done. I was really intrigued with the color combination on SCS for the Color Challenge. I will be the first to admit that Guava is not my favorite color, but in a moment a card popped into my head.

Of course, I was really ready to play with our new released Fantasy Floral Gardens. I used the two fuschia like flowers placing them close together. I stamped in Hybrid Palette Burnt Umber and then used my ink pads and waterbrush pen to lightly color in the flowers. For the stems I used Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke, a slight bit of yellow and the most beautiful color of the season, Purely Pomegranate. I lightly shaded the inks literally planting the flowers on a bit of earth. I ever so lightly brushed lite blue Copic marker and then used my Copic colorless marker to create a lite sky of blue. Then some edging along the cardstock with my Always Artichoke inkpad gave the edges some definition.

To really make the card dance for me I selected some Basic Gray Papers for the face of the cards and the stripes...of course all layered on Guava and Artichoke. The final touch was small ribbons, one from SU Sherbet collection and the other from Flourishes, a pretty scalloped edge olive green ribbon. Now what I really think lights up this card is the little bit of Purely Pomegranate in the background and on the tiny flowers. what are your thoughts?

So that's it from the Atelier for today..but come back because I have something else ready for next time.

Ciao,
Jan Marie

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think that your card came out beautiful. I love that you used all of the colors that you did and the basic Grey Paper. Your new Floral stamp is gorgeous! Very elegant.

Mary

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card!!!! I haven't had time to play with this set and boy, am I itching to -- it is such a beauty of a set!!! Tuesday, is the day!!!! I only hope I can come up with something half as pretty as this!!!