Tuesday, September 4, 2007

FLOURISHES RELEASE THREE NEW SETS!


I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT !!

We are six weeks old and this month we are releasing three brand new original stamp sets!

We are beginning the release of the original calligraphy of a friend of mine, Joan Machinchick. She is a well known calligrapher in the Washington, D.C. and Maryland area. I have had the great pleasure of working with this very talented artist over the years and was pleased when she agreed to do some calligraphy for Flourishes,llc. Her beautiful work is all penned by hand and I think it is a great treasure to have her artistry to add to our line of stamps.
Please visit the Flourishes Newsletter and read her impressive bio. I think you will want to own these beautiful words to add to your own collection.

For my first set I choose to spotlight Joan's peace dove. I think you will agree with me that this set lends itself to a beautifully elegant card, but don't be fooled this is more versatile. Several of our designers have made beautiful cards samples that can be seen on the Flourishes,llc website. They are all stunning, but be sure to check our Sharon Johnson (notimetostamp) and her beautiful card using pine boughs and twine. Peace...down to earth!

I used a transparency for the base of the card. The Peace image was stamped on Shimmery White paper from the paperie at Flourishes. I really wanted the Peace and the dove to work together, but somehow distinct of each other. In order to achieve this end I stamped the word peace with SU Craft Going Grey ink, added silver embossing powder and heat embossed. Now here is where the beauty of using clear images becomes a wonderment. I cleaned the stamp and re inked the dove this time and because of the clear stamp I was able to place them perfectly without a mask! I again heat set the ink and then shaded the dove with some light soft watercolors and adding the olive branch. The card has a slightly larger layer of SU Bordering Blue behind the Shimmery White and then on the back of the transparency (to hide my mechanics) I added a piece of the Blue Steel metallic paper also available at the Flourishes in the paperie. The inside of the card and back of the card also have white shimmery paper with the verse stamped on the inside from the set. I topped it all off with a soft satin bow in a blueish gray.

I will drag out my releases of the other two set over the next couple of days...so please come back to the Atelier and visit with me.

The three new sets, Peace On Earth, O Christmas Tree, and Fantasy Floral Garden are all available to order as of tomorrow. We has three wonderful combo kits each featuring one of the newly released sets. I hope you will visit SCS Wednesday 5 Sept for our banner ad and then click on over to Flourishes,llc to see all the new goodies. I'm pretty pleased.

Ciao, for today.
Jan Marie

1 comment:

Rose Ann said...

Wow....this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love how you accented the dove with just a bit of color, and your bow is perfect! What an elegant acetate card!

The new sets are so lovely!!