Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Catch A Falling Star & Put in Your Pocket


Today is our BIG push to support the GinaK Make A Wish Foundation Set. We do not sell these stamps at Flourishes,llc; but certainly recognize the need for all of us to be conscious of others needs.

I unfortunately have spent too many day and nights in hospitals and have seen some truly sick people, especially children. We all can make a difference, and sometimes it is as easy as buying a stamp set. Gina K has been so community consicious and willing to share her profits with worthwhile organizations that I felt a real need to come on line and support her effort.

In a way, I have had many wishes and dreams.....and too my surprise, I have had the chance to live many of them out. Flourishes,llc is one of those dreams. Please join me in supporting GinaK, Stamping Freak.com for the Make a Wish foundation....purchase a stamp set and tell her Flourishes sent you, please.

Now the card:

Well I hope this simple attempt is obvious....it is a pocket and I was inspired by a song that my Dad would sing to us as we would swing on the front porch on summer evenings when I was a child. The song was Catch a Falling Star and Put in you Pocket......save it for a rainy day...for love may come and tap you on the shoulder some starless night....and you'll have a pocket full of starlight. Last night here in Pensacola was stunning, the moon was as big and white as could be, as I took a few moments to recline in my brand new hammock--gift from DH--I watched the dragonflies, lighting bugs, and then the bats all come out ( they just love the mosquitos--yeah)
It was delightful and I knew exactly what to do with today's card.

Cardstock: SU Bayou Blue (that is a place not far from my home in South Louisiana) and Whisper White.
The BB cardstock is cut 3 1/2" X 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4" .
The WW cardstock is cut at 3 1/2" but the length is 5 7/8" and scored at 1 1/2" to make
the pocket flap. The sentiments were computer generated. The front logo image was
treated to one of my new Spellbinder Nestabilities (order them from us at Flourishes,LLC)
The Star image was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Gold EP. The bling was in the form of stars that I had seen at the local hobby store.

The white stitching was done with a White Singo pen from SU.

Please support GinaK --It will make us all feel good to know we can do a little and get some great rewards--yes, even stamps sets produce good deeds. And go ahead, catch a falling star and put in your pocket, you deserve it!

Ciao!
Jan Marie

3 comments:

NancyK said...

What a cute idea!! Love the card and so appropriate for this post!

Mary said...

Your card is very pretty. I think what you are doing to help Gina K sell the stamp set for the the Make A Wish foundation is such a wonderful thing.

Mary

Cindy said...

I am really loving your blog. I am so happy when I see you posting. It is making me want to wade through all my other distraction and get back to card making!