Sunday, August 26, 2007

Make a Wish--Happy Birthday Diane


Tomorrow is my sister Diane's birthday. I made her this card and it is my way of kicking off a special week for Flourishes,LLC. We are starting a week long campaign to support GinaK stamp set to support the Make a Wish Foundation.

You will notice the my partners NancK, Seaside Creativity, and Sharon D, Sewflake, as well as all of the designers on the Flourishes Design Team will be working on this concerted effort. It is my hope that you will support GinaK and her great generosity of helping making dreams come true.

This is also very close to my heart, for I too have made a wish and that was to have Flourishes become a thriving entity. We are certainly on that journey.

Please watch for our banner ads on SCS on Wednesday to support GinaK. Please make a purchase and tell her Flourishes sent you.

You also will probably notice that this is my first post in a few weeks. I have been ill and required some hospital care. My heartfelt thanks to NancyK and Sharon for keeping things rolling in my absence. I am glad to be back home and on the mend. My goal is to have a post each day to support GinaK and the Make a Wish sets. Hats off to the nursing staff of Baptist Hospital, Pensacola and UAB in Birmingham. The care they gave was the best!

For Diane's cards:
This card had to be special, because she is so special. She is a glass artist and makes the most adorable "Dammit Dolls" .Check out her website: Impressions By Diane
. She is a cool and very supportive sister.

--Base card was white cardstock with Basic Grey LilyKate over it.
--I punched a 3" square and then added a row of horizontal slot punches (SU).
--Then I wove a long piece of the lavederar grosgran ribbon from the Fairytale collection (SU), pulling it thru and covering the weaving on the back side and then to the front where I made a small bow...kinda cute do you think?

-- The stamp is yes, from GinaK "Make a Wish set" I colored it with my Copic Markers and actually used the G21, &Y15, BV00...I think the colors work well and were blended make for a good match.

--I added a little glitz with stickles in yellow and iridescent. so Diane, I hope you enjoy your day....and thanks for all you do for me! I love you.



7 comments:

NancyK said...

hi Jan - this card is so pretty - I love the way you threaded the ribbon on the front of the card as well as the window with the cake.

thanks for sharing and tell your sister - Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

You and your designer are awesome!!!
Hugs,
Gina K.

Anonymous said...

I meant you and your design team! You are awesome! I'm glad to see you're back and feeling a little better! Gorgeous cards both here and at the Flourishes blog!

Anonymous said...

I love your birthday card!! The colors are so yummy!

Kelly said...

Just like Gina said you and your design team are awesome!! I love your card!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Jan! The threaded ribbon is a lovely touch on this. Many thanks to Flourishes and Gina for the opportunity to support this cause! I make regular contributions to Make A Wish and this is one more way to help out.

Christine Barr said...

Great blog thanks for posting