Tuesday, July 24, 2007

We're Counting Down--SCS Banners Today

Well, It's finally close, tomorrow (Wednesday, 25 July) we are running our first series of banner ads on SCS. What an exhilarating and exhausting time this has been. I'm not sure if I feel more like a new bride with the jitters or an expectant mother getting ready for birth. This has been a long hard labor...but certainly one of love. I owe much to many...my love Mike, my partners Nancy and Sharon, our illustrator and web designer Marcy Hawley, and the star studded Design Team. Thank you...(insert -see me throwing kisses) !!!!

This is the card I made a few weeks ago...Mike stamped it for me. I have a cast on my right arm so I placed the card on a clipboard on my knees and began to watercolor. I have so many concepts to get out of me using this set, Flourishes Cake Decorating 101, I am counting the days until the cast is off.

If you haven't been to the blogs of the Flourishes Charter Design Team...visit them now. Hold your breath, we open The Gallery on Friday. Several clever and creative cards have been added to SCS gallery by Paula Bloom (prbloom), Sharon Johnson (notimetostamp), Nancy Grant (TACgirl), Leslie Miller (leslierich), Julia Stainton (julia's).

I hope you also visit the new Flourishes Newsletter, it will be a special feature of Flourishes with updates, happenings, and yes techniques. I hope you will stop by for a visit , or better yet .. subscribe and never miss a beat.

Now, about the card. I used Hybrid White Canvas ink on White, stamping the outline of the cake then adding in the slice to the left. A little hard to see at first....then I used SU! Real Red classic ink and an aqua painter, starting with a light wash, I added color and gradually shaded in leaving a whiter area near the cut slice. The inside of the cake was done in the same manner with Creamy Carmel. I made a mask of both the entire cake and the slice and placed the mask over the stamped image. I stamped in the plate and pedestal with Hybrid Palette Noir. I added a wash of Barely Banana to both plate and pedestal. Then I added some detail with my Sakura Black Glaze pen adding stripes to the pedestal. The bling was colored with markers and added to hang around the plate. When it was dry I added some dots in White with my Signo white pen by Uniball. The I decorated the cake using this time the slice mask to cover the area and stamped with Real Red around the top and bottom of the cake. I stamped the sentiment from Flourished Words, rounded off the end with a circle punch and pinned it on with a touch of ribbon. I layered it all on black cardstock, then onto a Cuttlebugged Pretty In Pink background before placing it onto the black card. Viola.....Love at First Bite with the Cake Decorating Set! Too Sweet!

2 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Ooo... I really like how you did the cake and the pedestal. The bow and the hat pin is clever too.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Jan, your card is beautiful and how wonderful of Mike to help you :) I think my husband would do the same for me.

Cheers to the grand opening of Flourishes!