Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Soft and Ethereal Sympathy




I wanted this card to be delicate, have a lightness and almost unearthly look....
somewhat spiritual. Butterflies have those qualities and are a good way to project new life. The card proved to be as much as a challenge to photograph and get all the subtle details. The card stock used Is Stampin' Up! Close to Cocoa. But the real challenge in this cards was really achieving the soft & ethereal look of a shade of brown. That process took several attempts......yes a few pieces of card stock got used front and back and ended up in the trash can. But it's all part of the process. So here how I finally achieved the look:

The first layers was done with the leaves only from the apple on SU's Sun Ripened Fruit. I inked with Brilliance Moonlight White and place it randomly on the card, but not to close together.

Next, I inked up SU's Toile Blossoms with Vanilla craft pad. I find that it gives Pearl Ex and chalks more ability to stick. Achieving the color was a bit tricky....Creamy Carmel became yellow on the brown with vanilla ink.....so I added some pink to the mixture and liked the result.

The butterflies, SU Botanicals, were inked in the same manner. I mixed up Pearl Ex in Micropearl with Turquoise to get the aqua look. It was buffed with a piece of "swifter" sheet which collects the loose particles.

The bees also from SU Botanicals, were inked and applied with Versamark.

Finally on a square of Close to Coca I stamped with OUR BRAND NEW STAMP SET FROM FLOURISHES,LLC the sentiment "With Sympathy" in Brilliance Moonlight White. The ribbon is just perfect, tiny 2 sided satin from Michael's on the wooden spools.

If you check my blog yesterday you saw that our proof set arrived. They print just beautifully! So now we are just waiting for the boxes of the sets that you can purchase. Look for that to come in early July. We will have a second set that will compliment this and the Marvy Punches! Yes, I said that! So you can look forward to our Grand Debut.

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific looking card! Very soothing color palette!

NancyK said...

I absolutely love this card. The look is so pretty and delicate. It's difficult to get light colors to look well on darker cardstock and you have mastered this look with the various inks and metallics. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

The sentiment is my favorite stamp on this card. I spotted it immediately. The design is awesome too.
Thank you.
NG.