Saturday, May 26, 2007

Enjoy Your Memorial Weekend

This is a special weekend for Mike and I, as he is retired Army. We make it a special point to reflect on the countless deeds of giving that our military service personal have given to keep freedom here and abroad. Please remember them, they serve no matter their personal political convictions....and do a GREAT JOB!









The cards for today is one from our Stampers Group.The stampers take what was taught and the following month return with a card for each of the stampers using one of the lessons learned. This was my swap card. The class was on reverse masking had been on reverse stamping.



SUPPLIES:

Paper: Martha Stewart Cloud & Pink Carnation,
SU Whisper White, Chocolate Chip,
Cardstock Vellum, Printed striped paper.

Stamps: Teacups from Stampington,
Paper Trey,

Inks: Palette Hybrid-Burnt Umber
Brilliance Moonlight White

Accessories: Cuttlebug die cuts

Technique: Reverse Masking



The card is a standard A2 with a top fold. The teacups were stamped onto the striped paper, so no coloring was used. The stamp actually has three teacups on it. I made a mask allowing only one of the cups to be stamped onto the paper. I used very careful placement to get the stripes to "fit" in the desired shape of the cup. Then I cut them with my paper snips, used my Xyron to attach them to the white card stock, squares I had punched. They were layered onto slightly larger squares of the MS Cloud and Pink Carnation paper, then onto the Chocolate Chip. Each layer was run through the Xyron. I used on one half of the die cut from Cuttlebug for the vellum and it too was run through the Xyron, then is was adhered to the Chocolate Chip strip. The tiny row of circles from Paper Trey place on the SU Perfect Layer ruler. This give precise placement and keeps these tiny line just where I want them. For me it is perfect solution with the clear strip type stamps. The ink used for this was Brilliance Moonlight White . I think this is a soft and pretty multi purpose card. If you have not done reverse masking, check the Splitcoastampers website for a technique tutorial.

No comments: