Monday, May 7, 2007

Welcome to my Atelier

Well, today I have flung open the doors of my studio and welcome you inside. Please join me as we peruse the Atelier in an effort to identify just exactly what is my manner of doing things.

For my very first effort to share with you I will show you the card that I have made for my wonderful Mother. I hope this will encourage you to make a card for your Mom if you haven't done so, but also remember all the other mothers in your lives, maybe even an elderly some one else's mom in a nursing home or a special friend. It's a good day to tell them that their mothering instincts are appreciated.

So on to my Mother's card. She's seen it and knows I am using it to spring into the blog world. She is an extremely creative person herself, having taught us all to do crafts and sew (more on those efforts another time)


For this card I used a stamp from Impress Rubber. They have such neat things, please
saunter on over and check out What's New at Impress Rubber! Supplies Used:
Stamps: Impress Rubber
Markers ,Ink :Markers from SU, Versamark
Papers: SU Whisper White strip, Certainly Celery Card size 4 1/4" X5.12,
Embellishments: Antique pale pink loop trim from the "Wonder Closet:

Technique:
Misting


Process:
I used Stampin' Up! markers to color the images and then misted the image very lightly with water. It was placed on SU Whisper White paper. The base card is also SU in Certainly Celery and I have stamped the same image on the white card stock, but this time using Versamark. The sentiment (SU) is stamped in Old Olive. That delicate pink trim is very old. I actually found in the "Wonder Closet" at Mom's. See I told you there would be more to her story.

The Wonder Closet
Yes, she has a "Wonder Closet" and it is bigger that some of the rooms in which I have lived. It is full to the ceiling with great goodies. My sisters,
nieces, and I, sometimes even friends of ours often shop the "Wonder Closet" before purchasing anything. Fabric is folded neatly, and organized by color or type. These fabrics can go back many decades. Buttons are arranged in jars, by color and size. Trims, and Lace are all neatly folded on cardboard and are stored in boxes and labeled. Believe it is always a walk into her Wonder Land It is nearly impossible to know what may be found there, but it is always a treat. Anyway, a few weeks ago, I told Mom that I was looking for neat, tiny trims suitable for cards....she said she thought she my have some things I might like. Boy oh boy did I come away with some oldies and goodies. As I use them I will point them out.

So I will bid you
adieu for today. I hope you enjoyed your first visit to The Caruso Manner Atelier.

{{{Rubber Hugs}}}}
Jan Marie

8 comments:

NancyK said...

Hi Jan
Let me be the first to comment on your new blog!! I love it and your Mother's Day card is just beautiful.
Welcome to the blog world - I look forward to seeing more creations from you.

Allison Rankin said...

Lovely work...welcome to blog-o-land!

Unknown said...

I really like the card for Mom. I am sure she will too. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Jo

Ida said...

Welcome to the world of "blogging", I just started mine back in February and it is fun but can be a challenge. I don't yet have a custom banner or watermark (just can't see paying for them right now) but I like yours.
Your card here is very pretty. I know my own mom would love it & I bet yours did too! Ida

Mel. said...

Welcom to the wonderful world of blogging!

chuck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chuck said...

Jan,

Hallo aus Ramstein A.B., Deutschland.
Deine Internet-Tagebuch ist sehr schoen...Gratulieren! Fur Dich viel arbeit, aber viel spass.
Du siehst gut aus, Jan.
xx Chuck

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so loved reading about the Wonder Closet -- what a wonderful place to be able to go to -- I can just imagine the fun -- being a sewer myself, I can just imagine the goodies one would find stashed in there!!!